VSO has downsized its operations in India with sharpened focus on inclusion of persons with disabilities under its social accountability signature programming. The difficult decision to conclude a few projects and release some staff was made due to the pending renewal of VSO India Trust’s license from the Indian Government permitting it to receive funding from outside India.
VSO will however continue to work in India through the VSO India Liaison Office which has its own license to act as a liaison point between local partners in India and any other part of VSO.
Our colleagues working in the Liaison Office will focus on the social accountability programming and the engagement and leadership strands of our global strategy.
We are continuing to explore what type of organisation is most suitable to deliver on the VSO’s purpose and mission in India. The operating environment is evolving and we believe there are some options. The local team will maintain their communications and relationships with the appropriate government departments.
If you have any immediate questions, please do contact any of our colleagues in India.
India country staff includes
- Country People Manager: Anju Raheja
- Programme Manager: Puja Negi
- Monitoring, Evaluation and Research Advisor, Resilient Livelihoods: Ashish Srivastava
- Recruitment Specialist: Bijaya Shreshta
- Finance Officer, VSO India Trust: Mukul Kumar
Global and regional staff based out of the India office includes
- Head of Engagement and Partnerships: Shaleen Rakesh
- Knowledge for Impact Lead: Alok Rath
- Lead Advisor – Social Inclusion: Praveen Kumar G.
- Asia-Pacific Corporate Engagement Manager: Sachal Aneja
Country People and Operations Manager